At Aegean Houses Hotel we are committed to the implementation of proactive measures to help protect and sustain the environment for future generations. We recognize the impact of our operations on the environment and aim to minimize any detrimental effects that may occur. By working together we can contribute to making a cleaner and safer environment. In delivering our commitment we will:
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation and take a proactive approach to future requirements and obligations.
- Seek to conserve natural resources through the responsible use of energy, water and materials but also maintaining the quality of service expected by our guests.
- Work with suppliers who have compatible policies for managing their impact on the environment.
- Through our active environmental team we will ensure that our efforts are continually reviewed, updated and communicated to all staff.
Examples of everyday actions
Recycling of paper, cardboard, plastic, glass, cooking oil, toner cartridges, fluorescent tubes, batteries.
Saving energy by:
- Monitoring gas and electricity consumption on weekly basis.
- Use of low energy light bulbs.
- Keycard control system installed in every room to control heating, lighting and air-conditioning when room is not in use.
- Re-use towels on guest request.
Reduction of water consumption by ongoing installation of:
- flush system in toilets
- mechanisms in taps that increase water pressure and reduce the quantity of water flow.